Based on a lot of feedback from the community, and discussions in the forums (mainly here, but other posts also), we've decided to implement two strategy changes. Here are the details:

Change #1: Lucky Bastard (LB) nerf
  • +10 Cost for ALL units, including Infantry & Militia

Change #2: Desert Storm (DS) nerf
  • Removed +1 capacity for Helicopters

These changes are not necessarily permanent... try them out for the next month or so, and let us know what you think!

Cheers!

|

Коментари

Земи премиум да ги скриеш рекламите
Коментари: 92   Посетено од: 1303 users
06.01.2019 - 21:18
----
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
06.01.2019 - 21:19
Oh nooo, will that mean the -10 cost upgrade won't work for infantry?
----
https://prnt.sc/W3aEpwbpEwEU
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
06.01.2019 - 21:19
Today is a good day
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
06.01.2019 - 21:20
----
Discipline is the key to success

Вчитување...
Вчитување...
06.01.2019 - 21:25
Напишано од woojoo, 06.01.2019 at 21:19

whitout that up, lb inf cost is 80
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
06.01.2019 - 21:27
----

Вчитување...
Вчитување...
06.01.2019 - 21:27
Now I can't play as Italy anymore....
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
06.01.2019 - 21:35
----
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
06.01.2019 - 21:35
FINALLY
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
06.01.2019 - 21:50
Wow - I did not see the DS nerf coming - I know there were discussions about a variety of factors, but capacity? Wow. Now, you need the upgrade for Helos to transport Marines at all, under any circumstances! Anyway, whatever works! We shall find out soon enough
----
Embrace the void
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
06.01.2019 - 21:57
 Witch-Doctor (Модератор)
Dave the ds nerf does almost nothing. Very rarely do you ever use more than 1 marine in your helicopter stack and even rarer is when you need to carry 2 marines.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
06.01.2019 - 22:14
God damnit Dave, it was fiiiiine, all y'all just noobs
----
*War in Europe again isn't good for anyone... that's why the EU is an Absolute! Long Live The Forth Realm! Long Live Europe!*
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
06.01.2019 - 22:56
Gg Now I cannot play UK in Endsieg anymore.
----
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 00:46
Add new strategies
dont change the old ones
----

>playing atwar:

Furthermore, I consider that NWE must be destroyed
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 01:02
Bro i feel sick, i need to lay down
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 01:05
 Dave (Админ)
Напишано од chill, 07.01.2019 at 01:02

Bro i feel sick, i need to lay down

Here, have one of these. You'll be fine in the morning.

----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 02:33
We need new strategies,give us David
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 03:09
Inf which costs $ 10 more is not bad idea, but a milit that costs + $ 1 in maintenance is madness. It seems that $ 1 is not so much, but when you have a lot of cities, this cost is incredibly high, sometimes you have to collect militia from cities to somehow destroy it and get rid of the cost of living. General can redress the cost of infantry in the main group, but nobody is holding the militia in the main stack.
As for Ds, it has become useless for people who do not have "ds improvement", i.e. most players below r7, I still dont have this improvement and I am r9. 29k sp is too much for improving the strategy that you only use to play in 5k games, because let's face it, it's not very useful. Now this strategy has become dead for me because helicopters cant take cities, and air transport is far too expensive.
PS. Do something about HW, it's useless
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 03:33
And what now, everyone have to play pd?

Sm is nerfed, cuz def is like blits. Lb nerfed, ds nerfed, gw def nerfed... Gc is sad story, blits totaly destroyed by lao, ra same... Pd and imper only left to be played and thats boring.

Why to have 7+ strats which can be interesting to play, when we all can spam imper infs...
----

http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=14714&topicsearch=&page=
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 03:34
 Agel
Ok now time to do something about RA. 75% of players considere RA useless while i thiink only usefull if you can fullspam Main Attack units.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 04:26
----
Hello. im New player!
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 04:36
 4nic
-1 range to infs for LB wouldve been far less destructive to the strat... like this its only use is basically in 25k and 50k games.

ds is fine with this nerf i guess its offensive edge is curbed a little bit more.
----
''Everywhere where i am absent, they commit nothing but follies''
~Napoleon

Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 04:50
Kaska
Корисникот е избришан
First u take my lifetime away from me, and now u nerf one of my favorite strat...

#timesup
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 04:53
Fristly thanks for the changes. I welcome any updates even if i don't necessarily agree with them. However.

The lb nerf completely kills the strat and leaves it with no competitive niche. The infantry AND militia costs were removed in a previous update for a reason. RA also used to have 40 cost militia. People dont realise the significance of a 33% cost increase to the most cost efficient unit in the game that is acquired through expansion. I suppose it will be good to see lb spam killed off for a while.

Also as witch doctor said the ds nerf achieves almost nothing.
----
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 04:59
 Dave (Админ)
Напишано од Guest, 07.01.2019 at 04:50

First u take my lifetime away from me, and now u nerf one of my favorite strat...

#timesup

mmmmmwwwwahahahahahaha! *twirls mustache*

----
--Sun Tzu

Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 05:02
Напишано од CIovis, 06.01.2019 at 21:25

Напишано од woojoo, 06.01.2019 at 21:19

whitout that up, lb inf cost is 80

Nah, Inf cost is 70 -10 (upgrade) + 10 (lucky bastard)

Напишано од Mauzer Panteri, 07.01.2019 at 03:33

And what now, everyone have to play pd?

Sm is nerfed, cuz def is like blits. Lb nerfed, ds nerfed, gw def nerfed... Gc is sad story, blits totaly destroyed by lao, ra same... Pd and imper only left to be played and thats boring.

Why to have 7+ strats which can be interesting to play, when we all can spam imper infs...

You can also play IF and NC
----

Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 05:14
Напишано од Tirpitz406, 07.01.2019 at 05:02

N.

Напишано од 4nic, 07.01.2019 at 04:36

-1 range to infs for LB wouldve been far less destructive to the strat...

Rip lb if that hap.
----

Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 05:25
I like this approach of testing changes out, but i got to say i disagree with the changes. As much as everyone hates the absurd rolls and expansion contesting power of LB the last thing we need is another viable strategy dead.
Also a defensive nerf for DS as ive read everyone suggest in other threads is a better approach, but thanks for trying to shake things up.
----
Ik ben een STD fabriek.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 05:29
That suck now on scenario i can't anymore play lb,
why u doing that change with only taking care about classic world map or classic 3v3 …
majority of commu Don't play 3v3, eu, or cw take care about that ! not about the few players playing only 3v3 and cw
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 05:38
First of all let us all rejoiced. LB killed Atwar and replaced it with mechanism by the day. If you consider to bring it back one day keep in mind good way to do it is just setting sea transfort capability to zero so it will not have to do two things at once for free and the player will have to choose between long range and short range combat if he does'nt want to spend so much money.

At least now we have active staff so that even if buffing stage does'nt go well they can make conclusions. But I truely believe everything was better than LB mechanism.
----

Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 05:41
Also now Don and I are going to be the only hipsters playing LB xaxa
----

Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 05:57
 4nic
Напишано од Mauzer Panteri, 07.01.2019 at 05:14

Напишано од Tirpitz406, 07.01.2019 at 05:02

N.

Напишано од 4nic, 07.01.2019 at 04:36

-1 range to infs for LB wouldve been far less destructive to the strat...

Rip lb if that hap.

sooo. by your logic, +10 cost for all units is worse then -1 range for its infantry?
----
~Napoleon

Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 06:02
Great
----
Hi
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 06:18
Finally lb is nerfed
----

Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 06:19
RIP froyer
----
''People ask for criticism, but they only want praise.''
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 06:24
njab
Корисникот е избришан
How come Dave joined 4nic's clan and took it over? Also I think the award for biggest noob on AtWar goes to...
khm khm khm
tada tada tadu

(look who lost the duel!)

Congratulations Sultan!
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 06:37
Напишано од GustDNZ, 07.01.2019 at 05:29

why u doing that change with only taking care about classic world map or classic 3v3 …
majority of commu Don't play 3v3, eu, or cw take care about that ! not about the few players playing only 3v3 and cw

As usual the majority of the community has their voice unheard.
LB now generally unplayable in most scenarios thanks to this update. Why continually nerf strats until we are left with a bland set of strategies to pick from that no one likes.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 06:42
Напишано од G.R.O.M, 07.01.2019 at 06:19

RIP froyer

My turk>my ukr so who cares
----
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 06:43
Kaska
Корисникот е избришан
Напишано од Guest, 07.01.2019 at 06:24

How come Dave joined 4nic's clan and took it over? Also I think the award for biggest noob on AtWar goes to...
khm khm khm
tada tada tadu

Congratulations Sultan!

Bro,

4nic clan has and will always be the propriety of Fcd3. Nothing new with him being leader.

But seriously this guy is TAKING EVERYTHING OVER, SOMEONE TO STOP HIM (if boywind, may he rip, was still here he would be dabing ATM)

Agree this nerf on ds isn't appropriate since u most of the time only carry 1 marines to take the city.

The LB nerf is appropriate, don't listen at those cry babies amongst the rp players.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 06:45
Kaska
Корисникот е избришан
Напишано од lsilorien, 07.01.2019 at 06:37

LB now generally unplayable in most scenarios thanks to this update. Why continually nerf strats until we are left with a bland set of strategies to pick from that no one likes.

There is A lot of the strats u can use in rp.

Those changes are legit due to this equation :

LB is killing competitive cause everyone using it all the time > change the strat will only have a small impact on rp
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 06:50
 Dave (Админ)

khm khm khm
tada tada tadu

Congratulations Sultan!

I'll be honest, Sultan raped me. But he was so nice he surrendered rather than claim his (well earned) victory.

And yes I've temporarily assumed control of the clan, until I can figure out who the rightful owners are/should be.

Please don't derail the thread though. If you want to discuss either issue further, start a new thread.
----
--Sun Tzu

Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 06:51
Напишано од Froyer, 07.01.2019 at 06:42

Напишано од G.R.O.M, 07.01.2019 at 06:19

RIP froyer

My turk>my ukr so who cares

----
''People ask for criticism, but they only want praise.''
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 06:57
 4nic
Напишано од Dave, 07.01.2019 at 06:50

khm khm khm
tada tada tadu

Congratulations Sultan!

I'll be honest, Sultan raped me. But he was so nice he surrendered rather than claim his (well earned) victory.

And yes I've temporarily assumed control of the clan, until I can figure out who the rightful owners are/should be.

Please don't derail the thread though. If you want to discuss either issue further, start a new thread.

Im the clans owner though
----
~Napoleon

Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 06:59
 Dave (Админ)
Напишано од 4nic, 07.01.2019 at 06:57

Let's talk PM
----
--Sun Tzu

Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 08:43
njab
Корисникот е избришан
Напишано од Dave, 07.01.2019 at 06:59

Let's talk PM

Let's solve it like businessmen! Just kidding about those two, they're not problematic. :p

Also I agree with nerfing LB, but not with the increased militia cost. It makes it unplayable for scenarios, while inf is legit nerf.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 08:52
Напишано од Guest, 07.01.2019 at 06:45

LB is killing competitive cause everyone using it all the time > change the strat will only have a small impact on rp

1.- whitout lb the only strats left for competitive are pd and imp. If gc gw sm nc and blitz are low use and are only usefull for ukrania or to do specific moves(like nc uk) you will never compare the times people play pd or imp whit the other strats.
2.- rp no longer exist in atwar, it is rarely played now, you just cant name any other map except boring default europe "rp". This hurt hard the scenario community(i am part of it) and i can say lb is not over used(imp is) but is a very good option to try if you boring of imp or want to do specific moves, now it is useless for almost everything, other maps like ancient world or default world use lb a lot too, but at least they have many good strats to pick, other ramdom maps that are up sometimes (like shogunate, rome politicial, colonial age, world in xxxx) use lb too.
3.- And this is to the lb nerf, i am disagreed whit the +10 for militia, the upkeep will be very high for this and the mil is not used at all majority of games, it is already annoying to have militia in many places doing nathing but costing you money, i doubt somebody will spam lb militia as a meta so this just ruin strat to much in my opinion.
4.- Now that lb is ruined, you can bring back some strats to a usefull way, strats like hw (totally useless and never played except for trolling) ra and blitz(mainly used for noobs/low ranks/new players and blitz for very specific moves but still useless) mos (this is a good strat but low used, i think because it is an expensive strat so people dont find it good for competitive or low starting funds maps, maybe a small buff can introduce this strat:D)
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 09:35
 4nic
Напишано од Guest, 07.01.2019 at 08:43

Напишано од Dave, 07.01.2019 at 06:59

Let's talk PM

Let's solve it like businessmen! Just kidding about those two, they're not problematic. :p

Also I agree with nerfing LB, but not with the increased militia cost. It makes it unplayable for scenarios, while inf is legit nerf.

huh
----
~Napoleon

Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 09:38
Напишано од CIovis, 07.01.2019 at 08:52

Напишано од Guest, 07.01.2019 at 06:45

1.- whitout lb the only strats left for competitive are pd and imp. If gc gw sm nc and blitz are low use and are only usefull for ukrania or to do specific moves(like nc uk) you will never compare the times people play pd or imp whit the other strats.
2.- rp no longer exist in atwar, it is rarely played now, you just cant name any other map except boring default europe "rp". This hurt hard the scenario community(i am part of it) and i can say lb is not over used(imp is) but is a very good option to try if you boring of imp or want to do specific moves, now it is useless for almost everything, other maps like ancient world or default world use lb a lot too, but at least they have many good strats to pick, other ramdom maps that are up sometimes (like shogunate, rome politicial, colonial age, world in xxxx) use lb too.
3.- And this is to the lb nerf, i am disagreed whit the +10 for militia, the upkeep will be very high for this and the mil is not used at all majority of games, it is already annoying to have militia in many places doing nathing but costing you money, i doubt somebody will spam lb militia as a meta so this just ruin strat to much in my opinion.
4.- Now that lb is ruined, you can bring back some strats to a usefull way, strats like hw (totally useless and never played except for trolling) ra and blitz(mainly used for noobs/low ranks/new players and blitz for very specific moves but still useless) mos (this is a good strat but low used, i think because it is an expensive strat so people dont find it good for competitive or low starting funds maps, maybe a small buff can introduce this strat:D)

RP still exists in fact it's plays are ever increasing
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 09:42
All changes to the player's weight?..
there are a lot of things you can change that you probably know and indifferently like how to create the game with random players who will want to play at that time rather than a "set up" game...
and many more as one that makes the game over and over again unjust such as taking each player's points that match him that has won with his value and not losing them if he missed the fight or betrayed as is often the case and we have end up being afraid of how many traitors we play and stuffed with lists to know who we can and who we are not to play .... (many people are gone for these reasons ..)
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
07.01.2019 - 09:48
Y nic with -1 lb inf range, that strat would be so boring to use.

With this +10 cost fau. lb is in big problems too.

Now premium strats wont be that big advantage...
----

Вчитување...
Вчитување...

Hits total: 48420 | This month: 961
atWar

About Us
Contact

Приватност | Услови за користење | Натписи | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Приклучете ни се на

Сподели