01.12.2013 - 13:39
I lost my map editor artist trophy
----

Вчитување...
Вчитување...
01.12.2013 - 13:49
 VRIL
Напишано од Goblin, 01.12.2013 at 13:23

Mods removed mod trophies ...i lost the greatest trophy in AW ...curse you mods, curse you.

The fun trophies got removed
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
01.12.2013 - 14:11
"No Fun Allowed"
----

TJM !!!
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
01.12.2013 - 14:12
 Desu
This is a good thing. They were making trophies worthless. Good job.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
01.12.2013 - 17:01
Напишано од Guest, 01.12.2013 at 15:32

Напишано од VRIL, 01.12.2013 at 13:49

Напишано од Goblin, 01.12.2013 at 13:23

Mods removed mod trophies ...i lost the greatest trophy in AW ...curse you mods, curse you.

The fun trophies got removed

Why?

No Fun Allowed, mate.
----
Напишано од Mahdi, 23.11.2013 at 20:30

I don't consider the phrase "massive fag" to be an insult. Mods did.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
01.12.2013 - 23:05
Just finished removing all fun medal except Ivan Groupie. Gardevoir Chicken trophy will most likely be transferred into a fan art medal.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
01.12.2013 - 23:07
You shouldn't have taken tophats slayer from gob that needs actual work and is deserved.
----
We are not the same - I am a Martian.
We are not the same - I am a... divided constellation?

Вчитување...
Вчитување...
02.12.2013 - 01:59
 VRIL
Напишано од Guest, 02.12.2013 at 01:49

but can I have actual answer though?

Напишано од Desu, 01.12.2013 at 14:12

They were making trophies worthless.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
02.12.2013 - 02:22
 Leaf
And this should be where you do your signature move and close the topic, Vril. Nothing else to be discussed. This was a good call.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
02.12.2013 - 06:59
[Close]
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
02.12.2013 - 07:17
There where serval reasons for deleting all the 'fun' trophies.

Main reason is that trophies will lose their credibility if we have a lot of them, and if you get get them easely. Trophies are meant for players who made a significant effort helping the community or being part of/ winning a community event. Just being a friend of a mod, isn't enough to win a trophy.
For your specific case Death: Although repfarming is 'tollorated' in the game, there is no reason to encourage it. Its annoying to a lot of players in the community and should certainly not be rewarded with a trophy.
----
Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
02.12.2013 - 07:27
I only have 1 trophy now :*(
----
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
02.12.2013 - 10:00
Its nothing personal to you Goblin. I admire your game skills and you might even deserve the trophy for beating the #1 player in this game. But we can't give away trophies for friends. Everyone should have the same chances in earning one.

In order to come closer to each other, we could give a trophy for the player with the highest ELO-Ranking. So also TopHats, Bluecher, Chess and yourself have a good reason to keep playing for the ELO, and get the trophy you deserve (if you win ).
----
Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
02.12.2013 - 10:11
Напишано од Meester, 01.12.2013 at 23:05

Just finished removing all fun medal except Ivan Groupie. Gardevoir Chicken trophy will most likely be transferred into a fan art medal.

2srs4me

----

Also: Why do we have over 9000 tourney trophies, when you could reuse an image? Why is AW being le srs again, do we not remember 2011? Why does anyone actually care about removing trophies?
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
02.12.2013 - 12:29
Its those dam competitive players propaganda
----
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
02.12.2013 - 14:09
Guys: They want trophies to be a serious matter of accomplishment...but the problem is, the things that should be given trophies for (Being a notable player, making an amazing map, or just being a nice guy) will never be given out, because le tourneys are apparently more important.

Hello, my name is Gardevoir, and I officially support trophies being for fun, and to express personality. I believe if a player makes a huge accomplishment, non-related to cartography, tournaments, or any sort of contest (Just being notable; being nice; having a fun personality), they should be given a personal trophy. I also liked the mod trophies, but they should be doled out more often, when they're actually earned. Also, why not have clan trophies as well? If you feel as though they'll clog up a person's page...make them smaller.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
02.12.2013 - 14:17
 VRIL
There are cartographer trophies and map contest trophies. And outstanding players have a chance to get the Player of the Year Trophy. So that should be covered.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
02.12.2013 - 14:19
I completely disagree with you Gardevoir, trophies should be special achievements that can be accounted for, eg, map plays 500 or something gets you x trophy, winning a tourney gets you x trophy. contributing to translations etc

The trouble with giving trophies for personality is that it is opinion based, this is a good move and values accomplishments in game.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
02.12.2013 - 14:47
Напишано од VRIL, 02.12.2013 at 14:17

There are cartographer trophies and map contest trophies. And outstanding players have a chance to get the Player of the Year Trophy. So that should be covered.

I honestly do not understand the logic behind this. You wish to limit trophies to around 10 similar ones? You want the game to seem more serious? This game's community isn't serious, that's what makes it astoundingly amazing to me. We've developed our own culture within 4 year's of AW's inception, and I believe players who accomplish just about anything should receive a trophy for it. You want to give someone who accomplishes something notable to only have a *chance* at receiving player of the year? Why not also award play of the month trophies? Or better yet, everyone can attain a personalized trophy for accomplishing something neat.

Also, to add: If you're going to become more serious with awarding trophies, I would suggest redesigning them all to fit a similar style (See the Donation, Beta Trooper, and Premium trophies as references).
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
02.12.2013 - 14:54
Death1812
Корисникот е избришан
Напишано од Guest, 02.12.2013 at 11:00

I thought trophies were fun accomplishments :/ They seem pretty worthless even without the fun trophies.. I mean you get a trophy just for buying premium. I could understand that was a big deal earlier on but not anymore.

AW should be about about our community having fun.. it sad to see The mods focus only on competition now and ignore other players.

#FunIsDead2013AW

what this sexy person said ♥
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
02.12.2013 - 15:18
 VRIL
Напишано од Guest, 02.12.2013 at 14:47

The more trophies we add to the pool the more it inflates their value. This is undesirable, because the main reason trophies got introduced is to reward players with something nice who helped beta testing, bug reporting, translating, premium purchase etc. Fun trophies reduce their value which was not our goal. That is why we decided to remove them. I hope this is understandable now.

Being overly serious was not our point here.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
02.12.2013 - 15:19
Finding Safari drunk, ok so should there also be a trophy for finding me high?

or you killed tophats x amount of times, should there be a trophy for kiling Zizou or Mauzer x amount of times also?

The problem isn't having a variation in trophies, just imo they should be rewarded for something that is visible and not given because mod a likes player b.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
02.12.2013 - 15:26
Напишано од VRIL, 02.12.2013 at 15:18

The more trophies we add to the pool the more it inflates their value. This is undesirable, because the main reason trophies got introduced is to reward players with something nice who helped beta testing, bug reporting, translating, premium purchase etc. Fun trophies reduce their value which was not our goal. That is why we decided to remove them. I hope this is understandable now.

Being overly serious was not our point here.

...Value? There's value in a .jpg?
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
02.12.2013 - 15:42

and I believe players who accomplish just about anything should receive a trophy for it.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Just like how we give every kid a trophy at the end of the season of a rec league sport when they played like shit the entire time?

This is the problem. People like you. "Ah, it's just a game. It's suppose to be for fun. Lets give fun trophies to EVERYBODY" and I suppose football and the Olympics are played for fun as well and everybody should get a trophy and medal just because they have a nice personality? You people suck the competiveness out of the game like a vacuum. You play your little UNs and scenarios and what is the competitive scene left with? noobs who don't know how the hell to play and need to be taught at rank 7 or 8 how to properly play.

This is a game. Nobody plays this because they find joy in clicking and moving a bunch of dots with a number on it. If you do you have a MAJOR problem. You find joy in killing and beating a rank 8/9/10 as a messily rank 5/6/7. Not just that, but the respect you earn from those experienced players is what fun you have in this game. You only find joy in this game when you're winning and that fact is what drives the competitive scene. The entire scene you people who are all about 'fun' are ruining.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
02.12.2013 - 16:31
Напишано од Fockmeeard, 02.12.2013 at 15:42

and I believe players who accomplish just about anything should receive a trophy for it.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Just like how we give every kid a trophy at the end of the season of a rec league sport when they played like shit the entire time?

This is the problem. People like you. "Ah, it's just a game. It's suppose to be for fun. Lets give fun trophies to EVERYBODY" and I suppose football and the Olympics are played for fun as well and everybody should get a trophy and medal just because they have a nice personality? You people suck the competiveness out of the game like a vacuum. You play your little UNs and scenarios and what is the competitive scene left with? noobs who don't know how the hell to play and need to be taught at rank 7 or 8 how to properly play.

This is a game. Nobody plays this because they find joy in clicking and moving a bunch of dots with a number on it. If you do you have a MAJOR problem. You find joy in killing and beating a rank 8/9/10 as a messily rank 5/6/7. Not just that, but the respect you earn from those experienced players is what fun you have in this game. You only find joy in this game when you're winning and that fact is what drives the competitive scene. The entire scene you people who are all about 'fun' are ruining.

...No, by "Accomplishment", I didn't mean participation, I meant accomplishing something, like creating an innovative map, or whoring yourself out on global chat, and avoiding a 999999 minute mute
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
02.12.2013 - 16:32
Напишано од Fockmeeard, 02.12.2013 at 15:42

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

All were saying y do all trophies have to because of competitive gameplay y cant there be 2 types of trophies fun trophies and competitive trophies and every one is not a competitive player so it would no be fair for the rest of us how will we get trophies??¿¿ we not saing give trophies out to people who lost tournaments are give them to people who didn't earn them
----
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
02.12.2013 - 17:04
Напишано од Cpt.Magic, 02.12.2013 at 16:32

All were saying y do all trophies have to because of competitive gameplay y cant there be 2 types of trophies fun trophies and competitive trophies and every one is not a competitive player so it would no be fair for the rest of us how will we get trophies??¿¿ we not saing give trophies out to people who lost tournaments are give them to people who didn't earn them

That's like having two types of money. You give one kind of money to the homeless and poor and another type of money to people who work at their job.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Приватност | Услови за користење | Натписи | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Приклучете ни се на

Сподели