Земи премиум да ги скриеш рекламите
Објави: 34   Посетено од: 102 users

Оргинална објава

Објавено од Garde, 21.11.2013 - 19:29
Mods, please do not lock this thread unless it devolves into a flame war that is off-topic entirely. Also, I should mention that if this thread were locked because of "Rude discussion about moderation", or anything similar, that would be equivalent to telling us, the players, that we have no say in enjoying this game how we wish to.

Hello friends. Recently, /int/ has shown back up for their annual orgy in the Beginner's lobby. That being said, faces like Vaficlap and akin are showing back up, after two years, and are shocked and appalled at the fact we all stand for being treated like children, when it comes to chat. Well, why are we? We weren't always, did we do something wrong? Being one of AtWar's oldest players, I can assure you that nothing has ever been so drastic as to have threads locked over being moved to off-topic, people muted for having casual debates in the lobby about world events, and to maliciously ban players over and over for having a differing opinion, and egging them on. What do I believe needs to be done? Loosen up a bit. Nobody cares about our daily Tik-Tok vs. Zion debates, or the uncommon Tunder3 spam-wave of game chat (Well, they wouldn't if they didn't feel privileged to nark on them). This is coming from the guy who spent a year being a schizophrenic, overly-emotional emofaggot on this game day-in and day-out. I honestly see no point in pandering to political correctness, being overly-nice, and limiting people's enjoyment of the game, because some 13 year-old doesn't understand the concept of playful sarcasm.

Also: I do not refer to spamming global repetitiously, and being muted for it as "oppression". Global is for announcements and advertisements only, even I can agree with that (Announcements = "VAFIKA STRONG" x1 per day" || "Hello mates, anyone wish to 1v1 me?", Advertisements = "Join ShitUN v.8===>, need 69 moar players" || "Check out this thread!: http://etcetc").

Гласање

See above.

Yes.
No.

Вкупно гласови: 41
25.11.2013 - 08:22
If you act like a child, you'll be treated like a child. Feeling entitled to insult others is kind of childish.

@Gardevoir

Not everyone feels the way you do. Insults, spam and touchy political arguments may not affect and you may not care for them, but some do, and some feel offended. Many have left the game because of it, most of them being new players. Let me ask you this: Why do you care? You say others shouldn't care about someone insulting or spamming, so why don't you just stop caring how the mods handle them if it doesn't affect you? Oh wait, you insult others as well.

@Skittzophrenic

You're right, insults and cuss words will never completely vanish, but us mods are here to try to stop it. Not everyone feels like you, insults and cuss words may not affect you or hurt your feelings, but for some they do. And too bad for them? A bit arrogant there, if you were them you wouldn't feel the same way. No one should be stuck being insulted at the expense of others not caring because it doesn't affect them.
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
25.11.2013 - 08:32
This really is thread #89079 about mods or rules. These threads are mostly made by people who are often muted or banned, and are also always supported by the same people that are often trouble.

I don't think the mods have become more harsh, or mute/warn much more then in other times. I might even want to defend the opposite. Since the 'moderator statistics' show we have a lower avarage mutes/warnings in 2013 then we had in 2012, while we do have more mods and more players in the game. And yes, if you act like a child, you will be treated as such.

Some people already pointed out that you have a lot of 'credits' in this game. The number of 'permabans' in the 2 years since i'm mod is about 10. And most of them, even got unbanned after a while. I suggest some of you to play games like DOTA, where you simply get banned forever for a simple insult. And don't think any of the moderators will listen to the whining then. A first offender on AW gets a day mute, tops.
----
Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
25.11.2013 - 14:10
Напишано од Hugosch, 25.11.2013 at 08:32

This really is thread #89079 about mods or rules. These threads are mostly made by people who are often muted or banned, and are also always supported by the same people that are often trouble.

I don't think the mods have become more harsh, or mute/warn much more then in other times. I might even want to defend the opposite. Since the 'moderator statistics' show we have a lower avarage mutes/warnings in 2013 then we had in 2012, while we do have more mods and more players in the game. And yes, if you act like a child, you will be treated as such.

Some people already pointed out that you have a lot of 'credits' in this game. The number of 'permabans' in the 2 years since i'm mod is about 10. And most of them, even got unbanned after a while. I suggest some of you to play games like DOTA, where you simply get banned forever for a simple insult. And don't think any of the moderators will listen to the whining then. A first offender on AW gets a day mute, tops.

Opinion changed.

/thread
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
25.11.2013 - 18:09
Напишано од Guest, 23.11.2013 at 23:47

Напишано од Mahdi, 23.11.2013 at 20:30

Напишано од Acquiesce, 23.11.2013 at 19:45

Напишано од Mahdi, 23.11.2013 at 18:41

Напишано од Acquiesce, 22.11.2013 at 13:50

don't act like a complete doofus

I have insulted Vril in global

I rest my case.

I don't consider the phrase "massive fag" to be an insult. Mods did.

But if you had said that to me, it would've been a massive compliment.

ah so youre infact a gigantic fag and massive implies youve lost weight?
----
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Приватност | Услови за користење | Натписи | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Приклучете ни се на

Сподели