Земи премиум да ги скриеш рекламите
Објави: 22   Посетено од: 107 users
14.12.2013 - 01:12
 Desu
Independent news article, I'll start with our clan page for those who haven't looked,

Наводници:

-

Coalitions, Cln Wars, and Leadership

I was going to make this post at one hundred, but we burst past that so fast we were already at 120+ cln wars before I could write a word. There was no achievement if I wrote it when already so far past, but I didn't need to be patient, here we are already at the next mark, two hundred coalition wars. The journey itself was the best part. It's really too bad the coalition pages only list the last one hundred, it would really show how far we've come looking at the beginning. The memories of our 5+ cw loss streaks, the small wins, the names of coalitions now forgotten, and the rivalries we've had, are fading. Right from the start, a set of noobs worked their way up to the top while the already existing hierarchy disappeared. It was rather anti-climatic though, reaching the top with nobody to actually challenge for that spot. All in all, great effort was put into the coalition from every member for over a year to reach our current position.

- Coalitions -

We encourage every member in every coalition to try and try, no matter the losses, no matter how inactive your old leaders are, keep trying. Stability is the key. And to the leaders, strive to seize loyalty from every member, new and old. Loyalty and stability can bring you farther than just recruiting strong players for a short spurt of wins. We've seen good members of multiple fallen coalitions come together to form a team of high ranks, and we've even lost against them, but here we are and they are not.

We've had our leader kick everyone out in a rage, and the coalition was brought back together by its members. We've been completely outclassed in every way since the start by SRB, Dalmati, and BiteMe!, but we kept on. Every challenge that blocked us made us better. Our continued rivalry with the good clan Syndicate has drove us to our peak, along with a few smaller rivalries. We had fun joining games as friends, helping each other and trolling each other but we kept the aim in mind. Stability.

So what does 200 coalition wars mean?

- Cln Wars -

1507 Coalition Wars total as of this moment, Friday, December 13th, 2013, when counting everything on the Coalition Index.
Divide by 2 (because there are two coalitions per CW played)
= 753.5 games between two different coalitions.
200/753.5 (Stalins Martians/total) = 0.26542
We've played 26.5% of all coalition wars played.

There are a few coalitions that have played and were deleted and thus are not on the list but they don't make a huge difference. This is also the reason why the 1507 total is an odd number, and not an even number.

- Leadership -

Why do some coalitions fail, and others succeed? I stated above that stability and loyalty are the key, but what does that involve? I'll talk about these in as short of an answer as I can. Not all coalitions here are for competition, they're usually used for a larger private chat. Just a group of friends. So this part probably won't matter for these types of coalitions and the players that lead them.

Coalitions that make competition their focus fail because there is a lack of drive for competition in the game itself. A lack of actual competitive players. It's hard to recruit new blood without the game itself directing new players towards this kind of play. Myself and other leaders have to go and watch players ourselves, bring them in, and direct them towards the standard map to learn how to play properly. That's a problem we have with the game itself, but that isn't the fault of anybody. It just naturally kind of happened when players play more custom maps and scenarios that aren't balanced instead of learning the basics first.

Stability. Volatile elements endanger stability. Members that have grudges with you or others cause rifts between members and then your coalition begins to have cliques. These groups can break away and form their own coalitions eventually, this divides your community further and makes failure almost inevitable. Get rid of disagreements that hold over a long period of time quickly, solve them. Friendly trolling isn't that bad either, if you can't make fun of a friend without them lashing out at you, something needs to be fixed.

Loyalty. When recruiting, it's always a danger to recruit already high-ranked members from the community. They aren't loyal to you, or the coalition, they know they can just leave and join another one that offers them the same benefits as yours. It's far better to search for lower ranked members that will grow from weak to strong within your coalition. The bonds that they form when learning from others and friendships will hold them there instead of elsewhere.

End

Plenty of us have a good couple screen shots of various wins and losses, but I don't want to drag this article out. There's no need to go on and on with a collage of them. And yes, this is a big hey-look-what-we-did achievement thread, I just added a few things to it. Just read and post your thoughts. I invite you to announce what your goals are for your own coalition or community. Are you up for helping the competitive side of atWar? If so, get a coalition, learn from the leaders, and play some exciting 3 vs 3's.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
14.12.2013 - 03:19
----
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
14.12.2013 - 08:55
Good job, Desu. We need more coalitions like Stalins Martians.
----
Напишано од Mahdi, 23.11.2013 at 20:30

I don't consider the phrase "massive fag" to be an insult. Mods did.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
14.12.2013 - 09:20
Inspiring. I hope i can achieve the same with BiteMe Too with the weight of the name on my shoulders. Everybody could learn from this something at least. Whether its loyalty or patience, to harmony and respect. GJ
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
14.12.2013 - 09:35
Glad to be Stalins Martians 200th cw.
----
It's not the end.

Вчитување...
Вчитување...
14.12.2013 - 10:14
Awesome. I Knew Sm Would reach 200th
----
Believe you can and you're halfway there
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
14.12.2013 - 10:15
----
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
14.12.2013 - 10:43
Also, just another interesting tidbit, the Stalin Martian-Syndicate Rivalry has consisted of 25 of SM's 200 CWs. This means one in every eight of SM's CWs have been against Syndicate with Stalin Martians holding the advantage with a 15-10 record. We played our very first CW against SM, and we also played in SM's 100th CW. It has been great to see how much SM has changed from their start, and the CWs between us never get old. Hope to have plenty more in the future!
----
"In atWar you either die a hero or live long enough to ally fag and gang bang some poor bastards."
~Goblin

"In this game, everyone is hated."
~Xenosapien
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
14.12.2013 - 10:48
Напишано од Desu, 14.12.2013 at 01:12

Myself and other leaders have to go and watch players ourselves, bring them in, and direct them towards the standard map to learn how to play properly...It just naturally kind of happened when players play more custom maps and scenarios that aren't balanced instead of learning the basics first.

I promised myself I wouldn't cry...but it's so hard...all these emotions welling up inside me....

Loyalty.

It's true, SM's low rank recruited members are fiercely loyal.

Good post, congrats to you, b0nker2, and all other leaders who made SM what it is.
----
Åδîαßα┼îc

[img]http://atwar-game.com/user/309908/signature.png[/img]
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
14.12.2013 - 11:11
 Acquiesce (Модератор)
One of AW's best clans, rock on
----
The church is near, but the road is icy... the bar is far away, but I will walk carefully...
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
14.12.2013 - 11:19
 VRIL
Good work, keep it up, SM!
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
14.12.2013 - 11:33
 G.K
Congratz bro
----
More u cry less u piss on the bed...... Krat Rules
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
14.12.2013 - 23:02
Death1812
Корисникот е избришан
I'm proud of SM
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
14.12.2013 - 23:06
Im glade i was chosen at a young age in my time on afterwind/ AtWar to be a part of the magic and i promise to help however i can for times to come. Thank you guys you are the best friends i could ever ask for ever. We have become more the just a coalition but we are a brotherhood who only wish to help one another get better. Again thank you guys ill never forget the time iv spent here.
----

We are not the same- I am a Martian.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
15.12.2013 - 02:51
Congratulations on that guys !
----
"My words are my bullets."-John Lydon

Spart is love
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
15.12.2013 - 02:54
Baaaaw
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
15.12.2013 - 20:23
AlexMeza
Корисникот е избришан
No one knows this, but I fucking love SM :3 I remember you all being rank 6 and below. ALL OF YOU! No exceptions.
I never expected this coalition to be so good. You deserve a stripper tiger.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
16.12.2013 - 03:12
Напишано од Guest, 15.12.2013 at 20:23

No one knows this, but I fucking love SM :3 I remember you all being rank 6 and below. ALL OF YOU! No exceptions.
I never expected this coalition to be so good. You deserve a stripper tiger.

<3
----
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
16.12.2013 - 03:51

Great work, you said some true words there and I admire your great work with SM, and the work of BertanK, V-dog, b0nker, DBacks, Leaf and Goblin offcource. You guys did a awesome job from the start with SM. When you guys started i expected SM to be 'just another coalition'; but you guys proven me wrong. SM is the only coalition that deserves the #1 position at this moment.

Stability is the key.

Very true, keep up the good work!
----
Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
21.12.2013 - 19:53
Goodbye SM
----

TJM !!!
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
22.12.2013 - 04:20
 Leaf
What a bunch of autistic elitists. Who in their right minds would want to be a part of that?
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
22.12.2013 - 06:13
Напишано од Leaf, 22.12.2013 at 04:20

What a bunch of autistic elitists. Who in their right minds would want to be a part of that?

: )
----
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Приватност | Услови за користење | Натписи | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Приклучете ни се на

Сподели