Земи премиум да ги скриеш рекламите
Објави: 59   Посетено од: 198 users
10.03.2019 - 15:30
 Witch-Doctor (Модератор)
Private duels are just bad for atwar. There is literally no justification for private duels.

1. Private duels do not let new players spectate. One of the best ways to learn is to watch other people play. Especially top duelist so they can learn how the game plays at the top level.

2. There is no public accountability. Unless a mod just happens to be watching your duel, there is no way to tell if someone is intentionally gamethrowing and feeding elo.

3. Generally in competitive arenas, there are spectators to witness the play. This not only attract activity but it also holds the players accountable. Imagine if e-sport csgo teams played their finals behind closed doors with no observers.

Ok now before someone bring up you don't like spectators. Well, there's this magical feature called muting or just turning off the chat. And before someone brings up "What if I'm making the duel for a specific person?"

The answer to that is to politely tell random people who join your duel that you are waiting for someone. OR you can just start the game, boot the random person and have your friend you wanted to duel join.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
10.03.2019 - 15:32
Do you hate grom that much that you don't want him playing private duels? Clearly this is about him since he's the only one who does it. Who cares.
----
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
10.03.2019 - 15:34
 Witch-Doctor (Модератор)
Напишано од PleaseMe, 10.03.2019 at 15:32

Do you hate grom that much that you don't want him playing private duels? Clearly this is about him since he's the only one who does it. Who cares.

There is a lot more than just him doing private duels. This is becoming another cancer of atwar like west duels.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
10.03.2019 - 15:35
Наводници:
Напишано од Witch-Doctor, 10.03.2019 at 15:34

There is a lot more than just him doing private duels. This is becoming another cancer of atwar like west duels.

Agreed but like I said. Who cares. Mods can handle it if people are elo farming. 99% of the time they check private games anyway.
----
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
10.03.2019 - 15:36
 Witch-Doctor (Модератор)
Наводници:
Напишано од PleaseMe, 10.03.2019 at 15:35

Напишано од Witch-Doctor, 10.03.2019 at 15:34

Agreed but like I said. Who cares. Mods can handle it if people are elo farming. 99% of the time they check private games anyway.

Idk about you but I highly doubt there's a mod bored enough to check private games.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
10.03.2019 - 15:46
Maybe make it where it requires password to enter before it starts, and then after it starts it is public.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
10.03.2019 - 15:49
I agree purely based on points no 1 and 3. I do think top players have some responsibility as promoters of the game whether you like it or not. Private duels in this case are bad.

Dave does need to fix the mute feature. But for now turning off spectator chat should suffice if you're going to make the "I hate spectators" argument.
----
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
10.03.2019 - 16:06
Ppl makes private games for some reasons, they may want a particular person to join or playing only a pro/noob players , or a friend?...
Or just maybe they don't want to be harassed by some toxic players, you will say you can ignore them, i will say, it is my game i have the right to play it as i want so i won't waste my time trying to mute and asking ppl to stop trashtalking, that was just an example...
Also the most important thing is while you are playing for a tournament and you don't want your expansion to be seen by some another competitor?
There is a lot of things in my mind, but the conclusion is, the ''private game'' option is fine as it is now..
----
''People ask for criticism, but they only want praise.''
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
10.03.2019 - 16:06
This must be some top-tier issue. If I wanna watch some pr game I just ask for pw, whether they give it or not it's their business. I'm just implying now, but maybe some don't want their moves seen. That stance looks awkward imo, but prolly some ppl value privacy more than others.
----
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
10.03.2019 - 16:13
Напишано од G.R.O.M, 10.03.2019 at 16:06

Ppl makes private games for some reasons, they may want a particular person to join or playing only a pro/noob players , or a friend?...
Or just maybe they don't want to be harassed by some toxic players, you will say you can ignore them, i will say, it is my game i have the right to play it as i want so i won't waste my time trying to mute and asking ppl to stop trashtalking, that was just an example...
Also the most important thing is while you are playing for a tournament and you don't want your expansion to be seen by some another competitor?
There is a lot of things in my mind, but the conclusion is, the ''private game'' option is fine as it is now..

muh toxic
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
10.03.2019 - 16:14
 Witch-Doctor (Модератор)

Turn off the chat.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
10.03.2019 - 16:19
 Witch-Doctor (Модератор)
Напишано од Freeman, 10.03.2019 at 16:06

This must be some top-tier issue. If I wanna watch some pr game I just ask for pw, whether they give it or not it's their business. I'm just implying now, but maybe some don't want their moves seen. That stance looks awkward imo, but prolly some ppl value privacy more than others.

Ok so play private 1v1s. But duels are something that people compete over and having it be private is sketchy and suspicious.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
10.03.2019 - 17:06
Support
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
10.03.2019 - 17:18
I still havent found my Dad, but I have no opinion on this since I very bad at this game
----
Not a good player
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
10.03.2019 - 18:32
njab
Корисникот е избришан
Напишано од TimTheNoob, 10.03.2019 at 17:18

I still havent found my Dad, but I have no opinion on this since I very bad at this game

I support this
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
10.03.2019 - 18:35
 Witch-Doctor (Модератор)

Yea that makes perfect sense. Imagine if CSGO esport teams only played each other in private because they dont want other teams or players to see their "strategies"
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
10.03.2019 - 19:45
Did anything ever come of your anonymous Dueling system? I wonder if Dave can implement a matchmaking system for dueling or competitive gamemodes in general. Either way, support.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
10.03.2019 - 21:11
A duel is between the two people playing the game. it should be private. i dont play them, but i would for sure want somebody to be able to ( sit on the couch and watch the game with intensity) tell my opponent how many units i have in certain countries. spectators can become lookouts. certainly the room monitors can take care of any cheating going on. just let those fuckers be.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
10.03.2019 - 22:15
 Witch-Doctor (Модератор)
Напишано од redthunder, 10.03.2019 at 21:11

A duel is between the two people playing the game. it should be private. i dont play them, but i would for sure want somebody to be able to ( sit on the couch and watch the game with intensity) tell my opponent how many units i have in certain countries. spectators can become lookouts. certainly the room monitors can take care of any cheating going on. just let those fuckers be.

You realize knowing the troop count across the map is hardly game changing information. You realize the dueler can have a guest account spectate and get the SAME INFORMATION.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
11.03.2019 - 00:52
JOIN SP POLICE
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
11.03.2019 - 07:02
Напишано од Witch-Doctor, 10.03.2019 at 16:19

Напишано од Freeman, 10.03.2019 at 16:06

Ok so play private 1v1s. But duels are something that people compete over and having it be private is sketchy and suspicious.

Rank is something people "compete" over, but I guess we won't ban pr games in general, whether is scenario, world or rp.
Why can't we have competitive divided as it is now? Cws public and duels with the option private (the option, is not mandatory!).
Also, when mods (and we have comp mods who can thoroughly check the validity of a duel) can check the private games, why should certain individuals risk a ban or an elo erasing through elo farming in private?
I won't call names, but I am sure this thread is first of all something personal.......
----
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
11.03.2019 - 08:48
I used to rape 4nic in private duels all the time, he didnt want the word to see that so I guess private games are useful.

BUT I agree this is silly, support to witch idea, privacy just give some tools to some noobs to create dramas and tension like " I don't want u to see that cause u ain't my friend !!!! " mehhh
----
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
11.03.2019 - 10:42
Avoiding competition in a competitive game mode is a oxymoron wouldnt you agree? Infact id take it one stop further and make it so duels cant be rejected in its own game lobby where two anonymous duelers are paired near each others elos, and you cant see who you played till the match is over. You should not be able to pick and choose who you duel as it destroys the spirit of competition as people avoid tough opponents.
----

We are not the same- I am a Martian.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
11.03.2019 - 14:18
Напишано од Guest, 10.03.2019 at 19:45

Did anything ever come of your anonymous Dueling system? I wonder if Dave can implement a matchmaking system for dueling or competitive gamemodes in general. Either way, support.

Proposed this idea a few years back. Having an anonymous duel room would be great, as long as once entered you couldn't back out or quit because of first pick/counter pick. Naturally it should reveal who your opponent was after the match (or even after picks once t1 starts)
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
11.03.2019 - 14:21
Напишано од b0nker2, 11.03.2019 at 14:19

Напишано од Helly, 11.03.2019 at 10:42

... make it so duels cant be rejected in its own game lobby where two anonymous duelers are paired near each others elos, and you cant see who you played till the match is over. You should not be able to pick and choose who you duel as it destroys the spirit of competition as people avoid tough opponents.

Agree 100%,

would also help with the spectator issue Witch has said as newbies would see some good level play, whilst Groms issue with expansions would be countered since you dont know who you are up against before start of play
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
11.03.2019 - 15:15
Why should they remove it? If they want some privacy they can get it.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
11.03.2019 - 15:25
Напишано од FreeMarket, 11.03.2019 at 15:15

Why should they remove it? If they want some privacy they can get it.

Because its exploitable, Either remove trophies for participating in dueling, or remove the ability to pick and choose who you duel. Because if you can avoid the best duelers on atwar and get a trophy for it, you really dont deserve it.
----

Вчитување...
Вчитување...
11.03.2019 - 15:35
It is not exploitable what so ever. Mods can easily check on private games and can control it.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
11.03.2019 - 15:50
Напишано од FreeMarket, 11.03.2019 at 15:35

It is not exploitable what so ever. Mods can easily check on private games and can control it.

The exploit is avoiding competition in order to boost your elo against easier opponents, eventually winning medals for doing nothing.
----

Вчитување...
Вчитување...
11.03.2019 - 15:51
 JF.
Let's them do what they want, players have no responsibilities...
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Приватност | Услови за користење | Натписи | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Приклучете ни се на

Сподели