Земи премиум да ги скриеш рекламите
Објави: 39   Посетено од: 108 users

Оргинална објава

Објавено од , 21.05.2013 - 14:13

Tesla and the ATN team would like to present to you, the AW family, our wonderful gift: The AtWar Radio! Unfortunately Tesla couldn't come in and post this himself this week because he has IRL problems (he asked me and hugo to cover for him). On the bright side, tomorrow we're staging a live beta test to all of you. Should be staged at 19:30 GMT for one to two hours. Tomorrow, I'll be playing music which you can request too! The link will be brought to you through the global chat feature, so make sure you're awake and fully alert for this big event!

While I'm typing this down, I want to thank Tesla for bringing in this incredible gift for all of us. No one has worked hard as he did to bring it in so THANKS TESLA!!
29.05.2013 - 03:13
Напишано од Comrade In Arms, 28.05.2013 at 12:04

looks cool
----
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
11.06.2013 - 17:23
Напишано од McBamBam, 22.05.2013 at 18:56

Careful with playing songs like that over stream. Copyright issues etc... When you use Ham amateur radio there is a clause saying you cannot play music over radio without a license to do so, and even then... Unsure if same applies but because this is a legit website and not some regular junk gaming website, it has something to loose. Perhaps someone here with more legal knowledge than I could chip in on the subject? Preferably sourced .

Obama is right again xD plz make sure this is not against law
----

Вчитување...
Вчитување...
12.06.2013 - 10:02
Напишано од YazanTheSexy, 11.06.2013 at 17:23

Careful with playing songs like that over stream. Copyright issues etc... When you use Ham amateur radio there is a clause saying you cannot play music over radio without a license to do so, and even then... Unsure if same applies but because this is a legit website and not some regular junk gaming website, it has something to loose. Perhaps someone here with more legal knowledge than I could chip in on the subject? Preferably sourced .

Obama is right again xD plz make sure this is not against law

REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO NOW
----

atWar Radio<3

play for fun, just for fun.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
12.06.2013 - 11:03

Technically, each broadcaster abides with the licenses of their respective countries of stream, some are stricter than others and some have no laws at all about the matter. In that case, it seems the most viable method is to have one broadcaster with one license (or without requiring license) and referred music by other people in the community.
(Btw, Caster.fm server is located in Dallas, USA whilst Freeshoutcast server is located in London, UK)
Anyone living in obscure places like Vanuatu, Bolivia and Malawi?
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
12.06.2013 - 22:46
Results from analyzing network.

IP: 78.159.121.82
Hostname: hosted-by.leaseweb.com
ISP: Leaseweb Germany GmbH (previously netdirekt e. K.)
source: RIPE # Filtered
RIPE databases operate throughout many locations in Europe. Possible location of server is either Frankfort, Germany, or Amsterdam, Netherlands.

Due to security I will only say that the server owner has put his/her address as being from the USA and I won't say exactly where.

That is for the game.

Now for the forum I have detected activity from these services (whether the forum/facebook icons or anything when I click on *Forum*)

23.79.15.139 and 23.79.2.110 and 23.0.196.214 and 23.33.186.49 and 23.33.186.19 (popular)
Akamai Technologies, Inc.
City: Cambridge
StateProv: MA

Facebook
CA

Amazon
USA

Amazon
USA

Google
CA

Amazon
Seattle WA

From this I assume Akamai Technologies from MA, USA is the one who is hosting this forum. Now the whole purpose of researching this and posting it here is to provide a bit more evidence that this server is being hosted in USA/EU with the owner being listed from a USA address. I don't know if the host is from say Somalia using satellites for internet if the website would still not be liable since the website is promoting it.

Let me share a story. There was this website called "Freemovies.net" or something like that... This website was not a torrent pirate bay or w/e people use these days. It was just a website, that listed movie links on it's website. It had a very nice disclaimer that said it was not liable for anything anyone posted on it and that all it did was refer people to links. Links that happen to be Hulu/other video providers that had a uploader make a single use account to post a single video that happened to be a full length movie from DVD and sometimes still in theater. Aka a streaming torrent file without all the hassle and risk of loading up. So... this website had nothing on it... but these links. Now it did take about a year before this site was taken down and a nice little US Agency banner was put up as it's homepage but it happened anyways.

What I mean by this is that even though your website/service may not post a single link, or anything that violates copyright laws, the fact that it is on the website and is promoted is enough to cause the website to be terminated.

Now a streaming "radio" playing music may not seem like a big deal, however it should be made aware of it's potential dangers. It sounds like ezzatam knows what he is talking about, but if I was the owner of this website... I might just want to spend a little cash to visit a local lawyer (possibly family friend who practices law at least?) who deals with copyright problems if I was gun ho on allowing radio with music/promoting it and if this was my business/entry on resume. I don't mean to kill the idea, I love it! However, I would hate to see problems come out of this! I love this game too much.

Possible uses for radio if copyright music is a problem
~Clan War channels, allowing private channels like when using mumble.
~Clan War announcer, someone to commentate on the game as it plays out.
~Just chatting with fellow players
~Playing music that users on this website created! Now that would annihilate the problem of copyright problems as long as there are enough artists here to provide fresh beats and jams. Only criteria would be that the player would have to authenticate somehow they are the creator of the music and they didn't just bum if off someone's facebook/myspace (people still use that?) profile. I would be highly interested in hearing music from around the world!

Wheh, I'm glad I didn't write a super long post or anything that no one can read in one sitting!
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
13.06.2013 - 01:28
Напишано од McBamBam, 12.06.2013 at 22:46

What I mean by this is that even though your website/service may not post a single link, or anything that violates copyright laws, the fact that it is on the website and is promoted is enough to cause the website to be terminated.

Now a streaming "radio" playing music may not seem like a big deal, however it should be made aware of it's potential dangers. It sounds like ezzatam knows what he is talking about, but if I was the owner of this website... I might just want to spend a little cash to visit a local lawyer (possibly family friend who practices law at least?) who deals with copyright problems if I was gun ho on allowing radio with music/promoting it and if this was my business/entry on resume. I don't mean to kill the idea, I love it! However, I would hate to see problems come out of this! I love this game too much.

At the end of the day, licensing laws serve to ensure performers are receiving the rightful share of royalties. This is mainly due to the most popular internet radios hosting ads and profiting in a $500k USD market. In the US, you pay to artists associated with RIAA, in UK, the PPL. Knowing their music publishing and charts is highly English-dominated, Portuguese songs are unlikely to be covered and in theory you have no one to pay royalties to.

That was one thing, the other point is that atWar radio is definitely non-profit and we could enforce it as a private broadcast with password, although it can be argued to be private already due to the fact that basically only atwar players can reach it. (Have to fall back to caster for that)

Wouldn't it just be safer to host interface on atWar domain and restrict access to members/ rank dependent and set private broadcast password? (counter-intuitively;requires Casterfm)
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
20.06.2013 - 15:56
Request function is not working properly, better fix that.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
20.06.2013 - 16:30
Напишано од Caulerpa, 20.06.2013 at 15:56

Indeed it is working but Ivan can put a message about your request sent.
----

atWar Radio<3

play for fun, just for fun.
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
20.06.2013 - 16:44
Напишано од Caulerpa, 20.06.2013 at 15:56

Thx for spamming the request email service.
~ Request mail admin, Kona-Chan
----

扶桑帝国のために
Вчитување...
Вчитување...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Приватност | Услови за користење | Натписи | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Приклучете ни се на

Сподели